Monday, October 19, 2009

What I Think of Clinton Portis

With all the negative news about the Redskins franchise, I wanted to share my thoughts on Clinton Portis. The reason I'm writing this is mainly due to a moment of humanity I noticed on the field this past Sunday vs. the Chiefs.

The Redskins decided to kick the ball to KC to start the game, and as the ball was kicked, I always look to see who picks up the kicking tee. I have done this as long as I've been going to the games. I think it started with a Houston Oilers coach that was overweight and would run comically to pickup the tee. Anyway, this week a young boy ran out with the help of one of the assistant coaches. As he got back to the sideline, the only member of the Redskins team that greeted him, and gave him one of those moments he will remember for the rest of his life, was Clinton Portis. To be fair, maybe the team had already done something for the kid, who knows? But Clinton seemed genuine and acted like a true role model.

Now what I think about Clinton as a running back. I think overall, he is great. He runs like a big running back and we should be proud of him. Just look at his O line this year.

Anyway, thanks Clinton for all that you have done and continue to do for the fans and the Redskins.

Follow me on Twitter @Redskins_Fans

1 comment:

  1. Even though Clinton has his comical side, he seems like a down to earth person when it comes down to it. @regionalceleb

    ReplyDelete