Monday, October 12, 2009

Snyder Will Destroy The Redskins Eventually

Yesterday after watching the Redskins drop another game to a winless team, I had one of those moments where it all just comes together. Let me start from the beginning.

I started my gameday watching the NFL network and all the experts were picking the Panthers to win. That's just how I like to start my football Sunday's (sarcasm). Fortunately, my son had a baseball game at 1:00 so I knew I would only be exposed to one half of Jim Zorn's crappy offense. All was good at the baseball game, my cousin texted me that we were up 7-2. Sweet, all is good.

Once I got home, the wheels game off the Redskins truck (as usual). I was sitting there, acting like a cool calm mature 41 year old, just shaking my head. However, my 11 year old son was losing his mind. Crying and freaking out, I was just shocked. We kept telling him "its only the begining of the 4th quarter" or "don't worry, we are still ahead", all to deaf ears. His insticts were dead on, we gave the game away once again. He [my son] lost his mind and went to his room to continue to scream and cry. [And no, he is not a spoiled brat]

It was then that it dawned on me, in 10 years, there is no way my son is going to go to the games with his friends. The only reason all the fans in their mid 20's and 30's go to the game, is due to the social brainwashing they recieved from their parents and media throughout the 80's and early 90's. Listen to me fans, listen carefully:

DANNY AND VINNY ARE KILLING THE ROOT AND FOUNDATION OF THE FAN BASE.

That's right, in just a few years, all the fans that attend today's games will have to get serious about life and will have different priorities with their disposable incomes. I seriousely doubt the next generation of fans are going to a) choose or b) be advised by their parents to attend the Redskins games. Even worse, with today's media exposure (NFL Network and the NFL Sunday Ticket), they will choose different teams.

Does Danny care? I don't think so. He is all about $$$$$$$$$$. When that stops, he will sell the team and buy an island to retire on.

Follow me on Twitter @Redskins_Fans

No comments:

Post a Comment