Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Redskins vs. Eagles, Black Monday 10/26

I decided to be a team supporter and actually attend the Eagles game knowing that we are going to get crushed. I knew we would either implode or get blown out, and sure enough I was right. If I was a gambling man, I would start betting on my favorite team, which is a big no no in gambling.

I decided to bring my old co-worker who is a huge Eagles fan, yet respectful of the Redskins history and franchise. We ignored the handicap staff that works at the parking lot and bypassed all the traffic and went right into the green lot off Arena drive. The tailgating was great as usual, although I learned a lesson, which is to park under the lights (dahhh).

Once again the Redskins management who always know best, decided to honor Brian Mitchell before the game, knowing that the majority of the fans enter the game during the last half hour before the game starts. Naturally, we missed the event. Note to the Redskins, your organization is just STUPID, from top down. Why not half-time? Oh, is it because the fans might actually stay in their seats and not go buy $8 beers to wash down their $14 cheeseburgers? The Redskins front office just makes me vomit. One more little issue that pissed me off was the beer vendor in my section wore a green shirt over his usual uniform in the 2nd half just to get more business from the Eagles fans. Isn't that special?

The game was just what we expected. The Eagles fans were actually very tamed and felt bad for the Redskins fans. They were actually being very empathetic. After half-time, just about everyone left, other than the Eagles fans and few loyal fans. The rest were the ignorant twenty something (probably under 21) drunks. That's right, two fisting, liquor drinking drunks, I'm ashamed to call Redskins fans. One guy who was about 100 lbs. wet, was trying to pick a fight with a 300 lbs. Cowboys fan, it was so comical that even the security guards were laughing at him [Redskins fan]. They made the idiots leave early so they wouldn't get killed. And then there was the guy wearing a custom Redskins jersey with then name "A. DRUNKENGUY", which couldn't be a more perfect description. See video blow, very funny.

We decided to leave with about three minutes left in the game. The exit from the stadium was the usual mess. I was fully expecting my route to be hell because I have to pass the 95 North exit, which I figured would be the path for the Eagles fans. Suddenly the left side was wide open and the exit to the inner loop heading to Richmond was jammed packed. I was actually shocked and doubled checked to make sure I had the right exit. We go on and there was nobody on the outer loop of the Beltway. 99% of the cars heading to PA were going the wrong way. That was about the only good thing that happened last night (other than hanging out with family and good friends).

No comments:

Post a Comment